Sunday, June 10, 2007

The last straw

Not too much going on the last day or two. My son turns 4 on June 13th so we celebrated his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese yesterday. Despite the sounds of screaming kids and noisy video games being imprinted on my brain after 3 hours, we had a great time. I invited Her to the party, but she didn't show up. I was pretty disappointed. I thought that our differences aside, she would want to be there for his party, but I guess I was wrong. She said she didn't want to go because she was hesitant to get to involved. It's my son's birthday party for Christ's sake. I don't know, maybe I'm getting upset over nothing, I just think it was the wrong thing to do. Like I said, we still had a great time and I wasn't going to let her bring me down.

I was looking around the internet for part time jobs last night when one caught my eye. It was a post for a personal trainer for people with spinal cord injuries. I figured, what the heck, i'll email them. They wrote back wanting to talk to me. I'm curious to see how that goes. They said it would require a month long out of state training but that the facility would be located in my city. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the right to be disappointed. You wanted her there and that is ok. You have the right to be mad at her also. Maybe, she was just thinking that it wasn't her place to be there. A lot have happen between her and you the past few weeks so I wouldn't be surprise if she just don't know where you both stand.

I hope that job turn out the way you would like it to be. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I think she just wants to get away from you,it has nothing to do with your son.I would do the same thing she did.

I am sure she was also disapointed when she found out what you were doing behind her back.

Fred Bird said...

Wow, narcissistic much? You don't answer her texts or calls (because you were studying, which I do totally understand) but then instead of explaining, you sent her a snarky, hurtful text - which is characteristic of how you've treated her all along. You seem to think you're the only one with feelings; the only one who hurts, longs and grieves.

Something I've learned in dealing with my daughter (older-child international adoption) with BPD is that people can only take so much abuse being heaped on them before the relationship is too shattered to be mended.

I realize that you didnt choose this disease. And that you desperately desire to be normal. However, She deserves to be treated with much more care and respect than you've done. If I was someone in a romantic relationship with someone like my daughter, I'd have runt the other way long ago. Because she's my daughter & is still a minor, I cannot do that.