Monday, May 28, 2007

The children

The whole situation with my dad has really got me thinking the last few days. While I do my best to be the best dad I can be, I still will catch myself being lazy. Today I was determined not to let that happened. I still have the kids for the weekend and they were with me all day because of the holiday. I took them to the park for a while, we threw the football around quite a bit and we spent a few hours at my uncles house. I think there is a difference between being there for your kids and "being there" for your kids. I try to spend every day with them as if it was the last, as cliche as it may sound. Too many parents take their kids for granted. The old adage that "they grow up so fast" is so damn true.

I'm not sure if it is the Prozac or the Trileptal, but I have been getting incredibly tired during the day. I have been sleeping great at night, getting a good 8-9 hours. I wake up and am fine for a few hours, but by lunchtime I'm exhausted and usually end up falling asleep for an hour or 2. I'm not sure what all I can do. I do feel like the meds are helping though, so a little drowsiness is more than a fair trade off.

No comments: