Friday, July 13, 2007

The international

Been a busy last few days. As I mentioned previously, I do jobs on the side, computers and tv's. I have done 13 jobs in the last 3 days which has kept me more than occupied. More importantly, it has filled my bank account which is a great thing. I really realize just how happy money makes me. Money may not buy you love but it definitely buys me happiness. I have been able to set money aside for my fall tuition just in case the student loans don't go through in time. My energy level has been amazing, I'm all motivated and what not.
Something pretty cool happened today. I have a friend who is a flight attendant. I talked to her today and she wants me to go on some flights with her. She works strictly international so i'm really excited. Once I get my passport i can travel with her for 20 bucks. She is headed off to england and then rome and then who knows where else. I think this is an opportunity I just can't pass up.
Other that, pretty much the same old same old..i have the kids this weekend, so i'm going to head out for the evening..who knows where the night will end up.

3 comments:

nadcesca said...

When you say that money makes you happy... do you mean you like that you don't have to worry about money? that you feel more secure that you have enough money for school and it is something less for you to worry? It seems that having to work keep your mind of your illness and that is really good. When you are motivated for a job, it usually help you to motivate other part of your life. Have a good weekend with your kids!

Polar Bear said...

I would agree with you about your money philosophy. I always like to say that money may not buy happiness, but it sure as hell makes misery easier to live with.

I've lives the life of a poor student, hardly any money for food, once even homeless for about 6 weeks, and when I finished college and started working full time, I had all this money and suddenly I realised how much fun it was to have money.

Polar Bear said...

oh by the way - I hope you have great fun and adventure when you embark on your international travel.