Monday, July 23, 2007

The engagement

Let's see..just what have i been up to lately...I've had the kids this weekend and had a good time. Took them to chuck e cheese, the zoo and six flags. I bought clear taillights,corner lights and side lights for my car, making it just about the way i want it. This made me very happy..I think I actually smiled when it was all said and done.




Oh yeah, I also proposed to Sybil and she accepted. I have no doubt that she loves me. She goes out of her way at times just to make me happy. Like when I was diagnosed with bpd, she went out and bought a book on it so that she could learn more about it.I spent a long time looking for that perfect someone when all along she was right in front of me. Its all still a long ways off, we don't plan to get married until a year or so. In the meantime, just going to take it one day at a time. I haven't told my family yet. We first met nearly a year ago and dated off and on during that time. In all that time, she never met my family, for reasons I'm not sure of. It sucks because they met married girl on 4th of July, so I can't just out of the blue say"oh yeah, this is sybil, we are engaged." I'll wait a few weeks and then bring her around and go from there.
I did sit down and talk with my daughter last night though and told her. She is my number one priority. Honestly if she told me daddy, i don't want you to get married or I don't like her, then I wouldn't do it. I just explained that she(my daughter) is the most important girl in my life and always will be. She said she was okay with it and I tried to reinforce the point that things won't change by taking her to six flags today..just the two of us. I think thats the important thing..to not get caught up in everything that I don't make time for her. With all of her own mental issues, that is the last thing she needs. Sybil has a son of her own and I've decided than I'm not going to all of a sudden rush into doing stuff together all of the time. I figure we can do it gradually.

So yeah..thats what I've been up to-

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you serious?

me said...

Yup...I edited my original post and gave more details. Funny how things work out

nadcesca said...

WOW. this is a turn around for you. Im glad to see that you are focusing on your daughter and her happiness, but you don't say anything about your son??? I hope his happiness is important also. The decision to take your time is very important for both of you and Sybil. I'm just telling you to be good to her, don't go around and cheat on her again. Treat her like you would like to be treated. Oh and congrats! hugs and kisses

Unknown said...

Here's to a long and well thought-out engagement!

me said...

Hey Nadine, As far as my son, of course I want him to be happy as well. He barely turned 4, so I'm not quite sure he even understands what it all means. Although the other day he did tell me he had a girlfriend. I asked if he was going to get married to her and he said "noooo, we're just kids!" So maybe I should give him more credit ;)