Monday, July 9, 2007

The final

I had my Algebra final today. I have a really hard time when it comes to taking tests. I know the subject and concepts, but when it comes down to it, my mind goes blank. Anyhow, I bombed the final. I'm not sure what I made on it, but my average for the class turned out to be a C, which really sucks. As soon as I saw my grade, the borderline kicked in. The whole black and white thing was in effect and my mind immediately turned to thoughts of how I'm never going to get into physical therapy school because of this one grade. I guess I got over it after a while once I realized that I really have no one to blame but myself. I really didn't apply myself and distractions seemed to really screw me. Speaking of school, I was supposed to take English for the Summer II session, but didn't have the money for tuition..so unless they let me pay late, i'm off until the Fall.

I was contacted by a recruiting company last week. They wanted me to come in for an interview so i went in this past Friday. It went well and they are going to recommend that I have an interview with the actual company. I'm really torn about this. On one hand I would be making enough money to be able to move out of my grandparents and get back on my feet. On the other hand, the job is in IT and I really hate to have to go back to that. I swore I never would when I "retired" from it last fall, but I guess life is always full of surprises. Going back to working in IT is like admitting defeat in my eyes. If I got the job I still would continue with school of course, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Who knows maybe they would offer insurance that would cover therapy? I'll keep you updated.

No comments: