Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The sobriety part 2

Another sober day in the books. I have to admit, it was nice to wake up this morning and not feel like crap. The question is, how long can I keep this up? My problem is that when I do things, like drink/eat junk food, I go all out. No moderation whatsoever, all or nothing. I think the fact that school is starting soon and I basically blew my tuition on alcohol is really starting to sink in. Kind of makes it easier to resist. It was also starting to affect my appearance. I was always looking worn out,face seemed puffy, I felt like I was looking my age. Will I make it 3 days in a row? We'll have to wait and see, but its looking good so far.

I found out for sure for sure today that I got the spinal cord injury job. I had to work at the clinic today and really wanted to tell my boss. Its still a month away I imagine, but he has been really good to me and I want to give him plenty of time to find a replacement. What does suck at work is that I told my coworkers about the engagement and they keep asking me how things are going. Naturally I say, they are fine. I figure I will just wait it out and when I run into them later on I can tell them it didn't work out.

No comments: