Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The delete

It has been suggested that I have an addiction to women. What does an addict do when they try to get better? They cut off access to whatever it is they are addicted to. This is what I did today. I started by changing my phone number. Then I gave my number out only to "safe" people. This would be family, friends and girls I didn't have or won't have any history with. Finally I deleted all the number of girls that I had history with. Hopefully this will prevent ill advised drunk booty calls and stop the pattern from repeating itself.

It was kind of like therapy in a way, going through each number. As I was deleting them, I took a minute to look back and think of them. I wondered what "she" was up to..how nursing school was going. I thought about the married girl and was wondering how things were going with her husband,etc. The more time passes, the more I look back on my past relationship in a positive way. I remember the good times more than the bad. I can only hope that over time they will do the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo!
Isn't progress delicious?

me said...

Yes indeed!