Sunday, August 12, 2007

The break up

Don't know how else to but it, but the wedding is off. I guess it was bound to happen. What really started things off was when her ex husband came into town this past Thursday. I called her just to see how she was doing and I got her voicemail. No big deal, left her a message. An hour had gone by and I hadn't heard from her, so I called again and got the voicemail. Sent a text..no response. More time passed and I called one last time...voicemail. I was pretty pissed off at this point since I now had trust issues because of the whole "my friend" incident. I finally got a text from her saying how her and her ex were talking about their son and that she would call me in a bit. This really set me off. I didn't think I was asking for much, I would have been happy if she just would have answered and said, hey we are talking about the baby, so I'll call you later. There is nothing I hate more than being purposely ignored. Later that night she called and I was obviously upset and let her know it. She tried to turn it around on me and said how she didn't trust me because of stuff I did in the past. Then it hit me...she doesn't trust me, I didn't trust her...thats kind of important if not everything in a marriage. I told her that I would be by tomorrow to pick up the ring and she said that she would meet me that night to give it to me. We met at a gas station a few minutes later, no words were spoken and we left just as fast as we arrived.

I spent just about all of Friday in bed. I wasn't sleepy, I was just worn out,depressed and bored. I felt totally alone and it was driving me crazy, so I went by my kids house that night and hung out for a few hours watching dvd's. Saturday I didn't get out of bed until around 11. I killed some time on the computer for awhile and then spent the rest of the day at a friends bbq. There was plenty of alcohol so by the time I left I was pretty trashed and I made the drunk dial to her. She didn't answer after a few calls and when she finally did, she said her ex and her were watching a movie. I went off on her, calling her whore,slut,bad mom...everything I could think of. Of course I didn't really mean it but it felt good to get it out of my system. She called me and alcoholic and that actually made me think. I have drank every day for the last week. Not until I'm passed out or anything, but just a 6 pack, mostly out of boredom I guess.

I feel like I'm in out of control mode,especially when it comes to driving. There are some curvy roads near my house and I love to just floor it and see how far I can push it. When I do this, a weird feeling comes over me. My heart rate slows,I feel numb and almost like I'm in a trance. Its like I'm daring God in a way. When I let off the gas I return to normal and its as if I blacked out for a few seconds.

I met with the spinal cord clinic people last week. It went well and basically the job is mine as long as I pass the background/drug test, which I will. They are trying to get it open in mid September. I got denied financial aid and I screwed off all the money I had set aside for tuition, so I got dropped from the classes I was registered for. I try not to think about all that but I know I need to. I kinda feel like I'm just here taking up space and I have no sense of direction.

I feel alone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not alone. You have yourself, your children, your family and what sounds like many, many friends. You'll get through this.

Unknown said...

dont let depression take over your life man...depression is like the darkness in your life wanting to take over and bring you down, and ones you're sucked in the "depression" is happy and will just laugh at you... so it's time take control of your life, your kids, and yourself before its too late..."fuck depession! i got this! deprerssion can kiss my ass!!!"