Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The end

Well, well, well...yesterday was quite the test for me. Things started out ok, dropped the kids off at school, went to work and came home. I was "up" most of the day and it felt really great. Anyhow, I went to my uncles house to watch the Spurs game and thats where the fun began. She sent me a text saying how she was going to watch her friends son baseball game. I responded saying that she was invited to come over and watch the game when she was done. No response. I figured, no big deal and had a good time watching the game and having a few beers. A little later I sent her a (drunk) message saying"i have to admit I'm a little disappointed, but oh well, I'm used to it". Still no response. I figured, what the hell, so I picked up the phone and called her. It rang twice, the phone picked up and then I got hung up on without a word. I thought, there is no way she would hang up on me, maybe it was an accident. So I waited a minute and called back. Her phone was turned off and it went straight to voice mail. I was stunned, I could feel the anger building up in me. My breathing sped up and my skin turned red. I took several deep breathes and stepped outside for a minute to get some fresh air. When I came back in the house, I felt a sense of peace come over me. It was as if things made sense now. I realized that it is over with us.

1 comment:

nadcesca said...

I'm glad to know that you are taking this with calm. I'm sure it isn't easy for you. Hang in there I'm sure the woman of your life will come around soon enough, Just take the time to get better and know yourself. Hugs