Sunday, May 13, 2007

Put to the test

Had an eventful day today. Started off fairly normal, went to church then to lunch with the family for mother's day. On our way home from lunch, I'm driving and I hear POP coming from my car and I knew I had a blowout. I was a good 4-5 miles from home, so I pulled into the nearest parking lot. I could feel an episode starting to come on. Hard to explain, but its just a feeling i had inside me. I knew I had no spare and figured most tire shops would be closed on a Sunday. My first instinct was to want to yell and hit something. Surprisingly, I was very calm. I analyzed the situation and placed a call to my mom of all people. She was able to make some calls and find a shop that was still open. She came by, picked up my tire and had them put a new one on. I was quite pleased how I handled myself. Baby steps...

Didn't hear from Her at all yesterday, but sent her a text while i was stranded and "chatted" with her for a bit. It was funny because she gave me the same advice I had given her just last week...sometimes you have to ask people for help.

No comments: