Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The side job

Interesting day today. Even though I "retired" from the I.T. world, I still work as an independent contractor doing jobs on the side. It sucks, but it pays well. Anyhow, I had a job this morning to replace a display on a laptop. I printed out the instructions on how to replace it and headed out to the job. I get out there, follow the steps to replace it and then I power it up to test it. To my dismay, their was nothing at all on the display. All of a sudden I felt an episode coming on. I started to sweat, but I got the chills at the same time. My heart rate sped up and I began to breathe heavily. The only thing I could think about was getting the hell out of there. Of course I knew it wouldn't be that easy because if I just got up and left, I would be more than likely be suspended or terminated by the company that routes the jobs to me. I ended up telling the customer that the part was defective and we would have to have a new one ordered. I am the type that hates confrontation. I really didn't feel like calling the company whom I was doing the job for and explaining to them, so I just updated the work order saying that it didn't work and and the part must have been defective. I requested that they route the work order to another tech as I would be out of town for the next week. At this point I have no idea if everything will be cool or if I will get termed by the company. I'm hoping it will work out as I really depend on these jobs to make ends meet. Its always something...

I also spoke with Her today. She wanted to get out of the house and suggested we go to the park for a hike. I didn't have anything else going on so I accepted. I felt kind of strange for some reason, I didn't feel like myself...felt really mellow. We hiked a few miles then rested and talked for awhile. We didn't talk about us much, just about random things. Later she suggested grabbing a few margaritas, so we went and had a few. I started to loosen up a bit and we had a really good time. Its like her heart wants to be with me, but her brain tells her no. Not much I can do at this point but wait it out, but for each day that goes by, I feel we are growing further and further apart.

2 comments:

nadcesca said...

Maybe there is really something wrong with the part. Don't beat yourself up to much. Just try to relax and force your mind to think about something else.

As for her, well I have know idea what to tell you except, go with your guts and follow your heart. Hugs

me said...

Well, I haven't been termed or suspended from the company yet, but I'm keeping my eye open for a part time job somewhere, we'll see..

Thats the problem! The feelings in my gut and heart keep changing throughout the day,lol

thanks for the encouragement :)