Friday, May 25, 2007

The father

Like I mentioned earlier, yesterday was dad's birthday. It came and went without a phone call from me and I did not attend the get together. I spoke with my mom today and she told me how my sister called him to wish him a happy birthday. She said he went off on her, saying something along the lines of fuck this, you kids don't care, etc. He is a real piece of work. I have no doubt that he has some sort of mental illness as well, dude is just not right in the head. On a positive note, he has made me a better father by showing me how a father should NOT act. If I'm ever going to get better, I think I need to confront him and let go of all of my feelings. I will probably have to write a letter instead of face to face. I could see myself being out of control and don't feel like going to jail for his sorry ass. The way I see it, he'll get his one of these days.

No comments: