Sunday, June 3, 2007

The reverse placebo effect

If you have ever taken crazy meds before, you may have experienced the placebo effect the first day you take them. Like if you are depressed and take an anti-depressant, you feel immediately happy. Anyhow, I experienced a similar experience yesterday but it was due to NOT taking my meds. My energy level was through the roof. I wasn't tired at all and went through the day nap free. I spoke with my mom and she told me she was babysitting my nephew. I went over picked him up and we hung out for a few hours and had a blast.

I did have a borderline moment however and strangely enough it was with someone whom I was not dating. I have an online buddy whom I'll call Mary who also is borderline. i have known her for close to a year now. She's awesome and unlike any girl I've ever known. Anyhow, somehow Sybil and her became friends on myspace. I get a text from Mary yesterday saying "guess who I'm meeting up with in a little bit?" I asked who? She replied "Sybil." I immediately got upset and felt betrayed ad like I didn't want to be her friend anymore. I got over it of course but it still sucked.

I did find a borderline community in my town on meetup.com that I signed up for. It would be nice to meet and talk to people who know how it feels.

No comments: